Many contemporary designs have evolved today for building wedding arches, amongst which bamboo designs are more commonly opted for. Wrought iron and wooden arches look traditional and fashionable. You will come across bamboo arches more often in beach weddings. A simple and neatly raised wedding arch looks pure and beautiful while the lavishly decorated arches uplift the glamor of wedding ceremonies. Follow the steps below to know how to build a wedding arch.
- The easiest way to build a wedding arch is with bamboo sticks. The height the arch should be minimum 8-10 feet. You should arrange for at least 12 bamboo sticks for building a well packed arch.
- The preparations should start a day ahead since you have to dip the bamboo sticks in water overnight. The sticks will gain flexibility this way and you can easily bend them in any shape.
- Erecting the bamboo sticks on ground could be done with an additional support or you can directly dig it to ground. Use medium height iron rods or wooden bars for offering support to the bamboo sticks.
- Attach the sticks to the support by tightly wrapping a wire or a rope. Digging the sticks directly to ground would also look good. Divide the bamboo sticks equally on both sides (12/2).
- Now bend the free end of the sticks from both sides one after another and keep tying them in succession. Twine the free ends around each other and then tie a knot at the junction with a strong thread.
- Bending the sticks like the shape of a bow creates the arch. This step completes the framework of the arch. Make sure that the arch is wide enough for decorations.
- You can also attach a floral tape for extra strength and support. Observe the arch from at a distance to ensure that it’s perfectly shaped.
Decorating a Wedding Arch
Applying a theme to the wedding arch would be a great idea. You can dab on colors that would suit the season. For example, choose different types of orchids and vine plants for summer and springtime weddings. Winter weddings call for pure white and light colored flowers. The flowers are then attached to the arch with colorful threads, tulle and ribbons. You can also clip on maple leaves and lavender flowers. The floral arch is largely popular all over the world and it looks the most beautiful. Wedding couples are also opting for unconventional decorations for arches to make it appear unique. The stand alone piece could be ethereally decorated by applying the wooden theme. Wood of birch and oak trees would serve the purpose wonderfully. Painting the wooden structure with dark ebony color would create a royal look. Over the dark brown wooden arch you can fix a garland of white fresh orchid flowers or red roses. The Gothic theme complements vintage weddings where dark colors is the chosen theme. Prefabricated arches embellished with organza and tulle is truly exotic. Pure white, light shade of aqua blue and baby pink should be color of fabric for decorating wedding arches of classical styles.
The idea of building a wedding arch with bamboo sticks is probably the simplest method. Since wedding is an occasion to be celebrated with happiness and mirth, choose bright and pure colors to reflect a positive vibe all around. Using the ideas mentioned in the content above, you can easily build a wedding arch and then decorate it according to your choice.
Categories: Wedding Decorations